Briefing: California – The State of Early Learning
Expired event. For reference only.
U.S. Capitol Visitors Center
High-quality early childhood education helps ensure our children are ready to learn and succeed in school, compete in the global economy and contribute to thriving communities. Join us September 28th as we discuss the current early learning landscape in California and opportunities at the federal, state and local levels to strengthen outcomes for California’s children and the economy. Find out why business, labor and K-12 are so committed to investing in California’s youngest learners.
Presentations by education, business, labor and early learning leaders, including:
– Kris Perry, Executive Director, First 5 California
– Susan Sifuentes Trigueros, Southern California Gas Company
– Jennifer Baker, California Teachers’ Association*
– Larry Powell, Superintendent of Public Instruction, Fresno County
– Sandra Weese, California Federation of Teachers
Information on the state of early learning in California and efforts to serve diverse populations including dual language learners
Discussion of federal opportunities on the horizon
Space is limited. Click here to confirm your attendance by September 20, 2010.