Children in Immigrant Families: Ensuring Opportunity for Every Child in America
Children of Immigrants
Expired event. For reference only.
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Rayburn House Office Building
First Focus, in conjunction with the Congressional Tri-Caucus, Representative Judy Chu and the Foundation for Child Development, held a Congressional Briefing on March 3, 2011. Entitled “Children in Immigrant Families: Ensuring Opportunity for Every Child in America,” The briefing was the third in a series of briefings hosted by First Focus and the Foundation for Child Development on improving child wellbeing in America.
At the event, panelists discussed the current state of children in immigrant families, including the role of public policy. Issues including access to public benefits, early childhood education, immigration enforcement, and birthright citizenship were highlighted. At the briefing, a new research paper by First Focus and the Foundation for Child Development was released.
RESOURCES FROM THIS EVENT:
- First Focus and Foundation for Child Development Report- Children in Immigrant Families: Ensuring Opportunity for Every Child in America
- Urban Institute Report – Facing Our Future: Children in the Aftermath of Immigration Enforcement
- First Focus Fact Sheet: Born Equal
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Fact Sheet: Undocumented Parents and their Young Children’s Development
- Migration Policy Institute Report: The Demographic Impacts of Repealing Birthright Citizenship
For more information, contact Katie Peters at 202-657-0685 or KatieP@firstfocus.net