Immigration Advocates and Families Announce Launch of National PSA Campaign
Gabriel Vasquez (Former Staff)Children of Immigrants
Tomorrow, May 24th, 12pm ET
DIAL: 877‑876‑9174 PASSCODE: MYSTORY
To Access Webinar: http://connexevent.adobeconnect.com/mystory/
Washington, DC – As the Supreme Court weighs its decision on the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents program (DAPA) and expansion of the Deferred Action Program for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA+), a bipartisan children’s advocacy group and several other national partners are launching a national TV and Radio PSA campaign encouraging voters to support common-sense immigration policies.
The My American Story Campaign, created by First Focus, will debut this week in major markets in nine states and Washington, D.C. The campaign shines a light on the nation’s flawed immigration system and the impact it has on children, including U.S.-citizen children.
The TV spots will air in several major markets in Minnesota, New Mexico, and New York, while the radio spots will air in major markets in Arizona, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, Washington, and Washington, D.C. The project is a collaboration between two major broadcasters, First Focus, and national immigration advocacy organizations such as We Belong Together, United We Dream, MomsRising, and America’s Voice Education Fund.
Tomorrow at 12 p.m. ET, children and families who participated in the PSA campaign as well as children and immigration advocates will participate in a press call to discuss the PSAs and their own immigration stories.
Members of the media will be able to view the 60-second TV PSA at this time if they are logged in through the webinar feature.
- Press call to announce the national My American Story PSA campaign
- Luna, 12, a U.S. citizen in a mixed-status family, will discuss why she participated in the PSA campaign
- Lydia, a DAPA-eligible mother will discuss why she participated in the campaign and tell the story of her family
- Wendy Cervantes, Vice President, Immigration & Child Rights, First Focus, will talk about creation of the campaign and its target audience
- Sameera Hafiz, Policy and Advocacy Director, We Belong Together, will talk about the policy and advocacy goals of the campaign
- Lynn Tramonte, Deputy Director, America’s Voice Education Fund (moderator)
- Tomorrow, May 24th, at 12 p.m. ET
DIAL: 877 876 9174 PASSCODE: MYSTORY