Please join us on Twitter to invest in kids
Madeline Daniels (Former Staff)Federal Budget
As Congress makes final important decisions about the federal budget and an eventual Omnibus bill, we want to make sure they protect and make investments in programs that serve children.
If you agree, please join @MomsRising and @First_Focus for an #InvestInKids Twitterstorm Thursday, November 19th from 1-2pm EST.
Why should we #InvestInKids @MEMBERTWITTER?
B/c kids are 24% of population
100% of our future
8% of fed budget
Federal investments are declining – @MEMBERTWITTER, will you #InvestInKids in the federal budget? #DontCutKids [Image 5]
Budgets are about priorities. It says a lot that kids are just 8% of fed budget. @MEMBERTWITTER, pls #InvestInKids
Why #InvestInKids, @MEMBERTWITTER? School lunch, abuse/neglect prevention, preschool, health coverage, housing, etc [Image 5]
#Childnutrition investments keep kids full, healthy, and out of poverty. @MEMEBERTWITTER, please #InvestInKids [Image 1]
Child health investments keep kids covered, healthy, and costs down. @MEMEBERTWITTER, please #InvestInKids [Image 2]
Child abuse/neglect investments keep kids safe, stable, with their families @MEMBERTWITTER, please #InvestInKids [Image 3]
Investments in education are down a whopping 20% since 2011, @MEMBERTWITTER, please #InvestInKids [Image 4]
#WICMatters to these moms! Read their stories and stand up for #WIC and #InvestInKids: http://www.momsrising.org/blog/why-wic-is-an-essential-program-for-moms-and-families/?source=tw.mr
#earlylearning pays off: For every $1 invested society sees an $8 return. @MEMBERTWITTER—It’s time to #InvestInKids! [Image 4]
These families are boosted by #workingfamilycredits. http://www.momsrising.org/blog/the-eitc-and-child-tax-credit-has-rescued-these-families/?source=tw.mr @MEMBERTWITTER pls #InvestInKids and protect the #EITC & #CTC.
These are leaders Appropriations Subcommittees. Please feel free to tweet at others on the Committee from other states.
- Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL): @SenShelby
- Rep. Robert Alderholt (R-AL): @Robert_Aderholt
- Rep. Sam Farr (D-CA): @RepSamFarr
- Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT): @rosadelauro
- Rep. Mario Díaz-Balart (R-FL): @MarioDB
- Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL): @SenatorDurbin
- Rep. Pete Visclosky (D-IN): @repvisclosky
- Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS): @jerrymoran
- Rep. Hal Rogers (R-KY): @RepHalRogers
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME): @SenatorCollins
- Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD): @SenatorBarb
- Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS): @SenThadCochran
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO): @RoyBlunt
- Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ): @USRepRodney
- Rep. Nita Lowey (D-NY): @NitaLowey
- Rep. David Price (D-NC): @repdavideprice
- Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK): @TomColeOK04
- Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR): @SenJeffMerkley
- Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-PA): @chakafattah
- Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI): @SenJackReed
- Rep. John Culberson (R-TX): @CongCulberson
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA): @PattyMurray