Tell Capitol Hill to Stop Poisoning Our Kids with #NoMoreLeadPoverty & Family Economics Safety
We know what needs to be done for our kids: lead poisoning must end.
Several proposals before Congress have been introduced to address the nation’s widespread child lead poisoning epidemic following the tragic public health disaster in Flint, Michigan.
Some proposals would provide funding to replace lead pipes in contaminated water systems, establish mandatory testing and reporting of lead levels, and update federal law to require local governments to notify the public of lead in their water system. Other proposals would help schools and childcare centers test their drinking water for lead by establishing a new grant program.
The First Focus Campaign for Children strongly urges legislators to consider these and all other common-sense proposals that protect children in America from lead poisoning in their homes, schools, and natural environment. And now, we need to you to add your voice
Please join the American Academy of Pediatrics, Coalition on Human Needs, First Focus, and MomsRising for a #NoMoreLead tweetstorm Monday, September 12 from 4-5pm ET.
Follow @CampaignForKids on Twitter, and share the following sample social media content about Monday’s Twitterstorm:
- Only 10% of schools/daycares are required to test their H2O for lead. Demand action from #Congress. #NoMoreLead
- Child lead poisoning IS preventable! Watch this webinar from @First_Focus and learn more: http://moms.ly/2c567hy #NoMoreLead #InvestInKids
- .@CDCgov estimates there are a 1/2 million children ages 1-5 w/ elevated blood lead levels in the US. That’s too much! #NoMoreLead
- It’s not just #Flint! Unsafe levels of lead are occurring around the country: http://moms.ly/2c55Jj3 #NoMoreLead #InvestInKids
- Tell Congress to pass $ to improve infrastructure, require testing & protect us from lead poisoning. http://moms.ly/2cdWWQg #NoMoreLead
- #FlintWaterCrisis isn’t the only place in the US w/ a lead problem. This is happening all over & it must be stopped. #NoMoreLead
Download the social media graphics:
Join us on Monday to tell Congress that our kids come first.