Briefing: Reclaiming Our Nation’s Disconnected Youth
Expired event. For reference only.
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Join United Way, in partnership with the Campaign for Youth, First Focus, Forum for Youth Investment, and the National Collaboration for Youth, for a briefing on Capitol Hill to raise awareness about the estimated 6.7 million “disconnected youth” ages 16 to 24 that are unattached to school or work. Hear from a cross-section of community leaders about their efforts to employ integrated dropout prevention and recovery approaches that support young people in achieving successful life outcomes.
Presenters at the briefing include:
- Jeff Fleischer, CEO, Youth Advocate Programs
- Dr. Daniel King, Superintendent, Texas School District
- Bill Hanbury, CEO, United Way of the National Capital Area
- Ernest Dorsey, Assistant Director, Youth Services for the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development, Baltimore City
- Formerly disconnected youth
Senator Debbie Stabenow (MI) and Congressman Dale Kildee (MI-5)
With support from:
Young Invincibles, YouthBuild USA, Public Allies and Year Up National Capital Region