Screening of The Harvest/La Cosecha
Children of Immigrants
Expired event. For reference only.
9:00 am - 10:30 am
The start of the summer marks the beginning of the harvest season for more than 400,000 children in America’s fields. Join us as we explore the plight of farmworker children and discuss what we can do to help.
Panel moderated by Norma Flores Lopez, AFOP’s Children in the Fields Campaign.
– Joe Becker, Human Rights Watch
– Roger Rosenthal, National Association of State Directors of Migrant Education
– Reid Maki, National Consumers League
– Levy Schroeder, AFOP’s Health and Safety Programs
– Cleo Rodriguez, Jr., National migrant & Seasonal Head Start Association