Transforming the Teaching and Principal Professions: A Pathway for Policy Makers
Expired event. For reference only.
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
The Coalition for Teaching Quality has developed a new, comprehensive framework for educator quality that will ensure that each student, regardless of need, color or disability, has fully-prepared and effective educators. Panelists will focus on the components necessary for teachers and principals to be “profession ready” before they enter the classroom or lead a school.
Hosted by Senator Murray 106 Dirksen Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 Tuesday, October 7th 9:30-11:00am
334 Cannon House Office Building Washington, DC 20515 Tuesday, October 7th 1:30-3:00pmModerator:
- Virginia Edwards, President and Editor, Editorial Projects in Education
- Janel George, Education Policy Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Rachelle Moore, First Grade Teacher, Seattle Teacher Residency Mentor, Madorna K-8 School, Seattle, Washington
- Kristen Le, Kindergarten Teacher, Van Asselt Elementary School, Seattle, Washington, 2013 Seattle Teacher Resident under the guidance of Rachelle Moore
- Everett Davis, Principal, Redland Middle School in Rockville, Maryland
- Melissa Stinnett, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Reading, Western Illinois University