HIRING: Director, Graphic Design and Communications
First Focus on Children is currently seeking a graphic designer to be a part of a three-person communications team, who will also work closely with our grassroots, development, and policy staff. The work will include a wide range of projects, including social media graphics, decks, print collateral, event and campaign materials, digital ads, and more. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing organization to promote children’s domestic and international policy issues.
- Design and produce a range of materials, including presentations, one-pagers, campaign graphics, social media graphics, and brand templates.
- Effectively translate written content into compelling visual design and campaigns
- Work within, and simultaneously push forward the First Focus on Children and First Focus Campaign for Children visual identity.
- Push projects with a great deal of autonomy and in collaboration with communications, grassroots, and policy staff.
- Conceptualize and execute event and campaign design.
- Interest in supporting and promoting children’s policy issues with policymakers and the public.
- Work with others on the communication team with respect to media and website content and design.
Skills & Competencies
- At least 2-3 years of experience creating graphic content for both print and digital platforms
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro), Canva, or other equivalent design programs.
- Experience with video editing and production is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under time constraints as well as juggle multiple projects at once.
- Can work well with others and across a growing team of child advocates and reach consensus.
About the role
Full-time primarily remote position with a starting salary of $50,000 with lots of opportunity for growth.
To apply for this position – please send resume, cover letter and 2-3 samples of your work to email@example.com