HIRING: Senior Director of Advocacy and Mobilization
About the Job
Reporting to the President, the Senior Director of Advocacy and Mobilization will shape a vision of an engaged and empowered network of grassroots advocates that leverages First Focus on Children’s assets to make children and families the priority in policy decisions. The Senior Director will be responsible for designing a comprehensive grassroots advocacy strategy, collaborating with the policy team to employ advocacy tactics, and building support to advance First Focus Campaign for Children’s legislative priorities.
- Serve as a strategic partner for advancing First Focus Campaign for Children’s policy priorities in budget, child nutrition, health, education, child poverty, and other policy issues.
- Build and implement a grassroots campaign to elevate children’s issues, including recruitment, mobilization, organizing and engagement, outreach to new audiences, and retention of advocates.
- Collaborate across the organization, including with policy subject matter experts and communication strategists to create campaigns for First Focus on Campaign for Children’s policy issues, including targeted actions to Congress, petitions, social media campaigns, etc.
- Drive the objectives of a child nutrition policy grant through coalition building and coordination of joint advocacy opportunities, including sign-on letters, meetings on Capitol Hill, etc.
- Establish and manage relationships with other nonprofits, advocacy groups, policymakers, and where appropriate, funders and corporate partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years’ experience directing campaigns, mobilization, or organizing efforts for nonprofit organizations and/or political campaigns.
- Experience includes identifying and implementing innovative approaches in campaigns and engagement including integration of digital and social media tools.
- Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team player with a demonstrated commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Demonstrated understanding of the legislative landscape and the impact of social policies on children and their families.
- Demonstrated knowledge in grassroots/grasstops operations with a proven ability to impact policy through member/supporter advocacy.
- Demonstrated leadership experience to motivate, coach, and educate staff members while fostering a strong team mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analyze complex information, and offer creative, practical, and high-impact solutions.
To apply for this position – please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com