CPAG Webinar: State Strategies to Reduce Child Poverty
Poverty & Family Economics
Note: This U.S. Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) webinar aired on July 11, 2019, but you can view the recording and materials below.
There is momentum around the country to reduce child poverty. Hear from advocates in Wisconsin, Maine, and California who are involved in state campaigns to end child poverty. They will share lessons learned, best practices, and ways to take action.
- Implementing A Roadmap to Reducing Child Poverty
- U.S. Child Poverty Action Group’s Top Takeaways from NASEM study
- Roadmaps to cutting child poverty in your state
- Roadmaps to cutting deep child poverty in your state
- Cara Baldari, VP of Family Economics, First Focus on Children
- Ken Taylor, ED, Kids Forward, Wisconsin
- Claire Berkowitz, ED, Maine Children’s Alliance
- Jackie Wong, VP of Policy and Advocacy, GRACE, California
In 2016, First Focus on Children established the U.S. Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG), a partnership of non-profit, child-focused organizations. CPAG has now grown to over 20 national partners working to elevate the issue of child poverty in the United States though information sharing, policy education, and direct advocacy.