Fact Sheet: Impact of the President’s 2020 Budget on Children’s HealthFederal Budget Health
On March 11t President Trump released his 2020 budget proposal to Congress. The FY 2020 budget request totals $4.7 trillion for the next fiscal year and includes cuts to programs that benefit low-income children and their families including dramatic cuts to Medicaid and effectively eliminates the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The proposal cuts the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) funding by 12% in FY 2020, with the department receiving $87.1 billion in funding.
HHS Division budget reductions in this fact sheet feature:
- The Center for Medicaid and Medicaid Services (CMS),
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA),
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA),
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), and
- Indian Health Service (IHS).